Zn and O are replaced by H and He inside pdb file

Dear lammps users,
I am simulating ZnO using reax force field in lammps. I faced some difficulty inside the output pdb file. I save the pdb file from lammps trajectory file and see that Zn and O are replaced by H and He, inside the pdb file. How’s it possible? any help.
Regards

Sasthi

Does your trajectory dump file actually contain information which elements your system has? If there is just the numerical atom type, there will be a 1 and a 2. How should a visualization software know what those stand for? best guess would be element number in the periodic table, which corresponds to H and He.

Have a look at the documentation for the dump custom and dump_modify commands for how to output and assign element information to a dump file.

Axel

Hi
dump ID …should be followed by
dump_modify ID element Zn O (if type 1 is Zn and O is type 2) or reverse)

Regards

Thank you Axel and Pascal sir.

Dear Axel and Pascal sir,
I am sorry to say that again I got error of putting ID element in input script. The error is saying that: ERROR: Cound not find dump_modify ID (…/output.cpp:621)
Last command: dump_modify ID element ZN O.

Hi
Your ID should be the same for dump and dump_modify command.
See dump_modify command in the LAMMPS documentation by googlizing « LAMMPS pair_modify »
Pascal

Dear Axel and Pascal sir,
I am sorry to say that again I got error of putting ID element in input script. The error is saying that: ERROR: Cound not find dump_modify ID (…/output.cpp:621)
Last command: dump_modify ID element ZN O.