BSDOSplotter object returnes Axes tuple -- how to plot this

I had a bit of an adventure installing mamba as conda was taking too long to search for conflicts and long story short, I ended up reinstalling everything via conda-forge. While pymatgen seems to work, I am having some trouble plotting band structures. In the code below I read in the results of a static DOS calculation and a band structure calculation. I then make a CompleteDos object as well as a BandStructureSymmLine. After making a BSDOSplotter object, I then retrieved a plot using the plot = plotter.get_plot(bs,dos=dos) method. In the past, I have been able to plot the result by simply typing plot.show(), but now it seems that the get_plot method returns a tulple. How do I plot this to the screen or to a file?

In [2]: from pymatgen.io.vasp.outputs import Vasprun
In [3]: dosrun = Vasprun("/Users/pfons/pegasus//Vasp/MoTe2/GS/MoTe2_2H/static_SOC/vasprun.xml",parse_projected_eigen=True)
In [4]: bsrun = Vasprun("/Users/pfons/pegasus/Vasp/MoTe2/GS/MoTe2_2H/static_SOC/Bandstructure/vasprun.xml",parse_projected_eigen=True)
In [5]: from pymatgen.electronic_structure.plotter import plot_BSDOSPlotter
In [6]: plotter = BSDOSPlotter(vb_energy_range=3,cb_energy_range=3.5)
In [7]: bs = bsrun.get_band_structure(line_mode=True)
In [8]: dos = dosrun.complete_dos
In [9]: plot = plotter.get_plot(bs,dos=dos)
In [10]: plot.show()
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
Cell In[12], line 1
----> 1 plot.show()

AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'show'

In [13]: plot
Out[13]: (<Axes: xlabel='Wavevector $k
```, ylabel='$E-E_F$ / eV'>, <Axes: xlabel='DOS'>)

In [14]: plot[0].show()

I am answering in part my own question. There is a get_figure() method for finding the corresponding figure for an Axes object. I have thus solved my inability to export/plot an image. The initial question still remains. Why is pymatgen behaving differently than before. I presume a plot (figure) object was being return as it was easy to plot using the figure.show() method.