Can not redirect some mp-id in new version Materials Project website

Dear developers,

I have some old version mp databases stored locally on my computer (e.g. version 2019.05), although some ids have changed in the new version databases, they can still be automatically redirected to the correct ids in the legacy Materials Project website.
For example, mp-765880 redirect to mp-753595, mp-765889 redirect to mp-765466, mp-768063 redirect to mp-753579.
However, in the new version of Materials Project website, I cannot search for these ids, so it is an inconvenience for me, can you please fix this?

Best Wishes!

Hi @glider,

thanks for reaching out. The new website is actually redirecting these IDs. mp-753595: Mg3Fe2O5 (Monoclinic, C2/m, 12), for instance, shows the data for mp-753595 as indicated by the change of title in the tab header. The IDs on the page itself do not change, unfortunately. We are working on making this more obvious in a future release.

HTH
Patrick

Hi @tschaume,
I can access mp-753595: Mg3Fe2O5 (Monoclinic, C2/m, 12), thanks for your reply!
But I can not find mp-765880 in the Materials Project search bar, mp-765880.
This can be done on legacy Materials Project (shows redirected mp-753595)

Hi @glider,

glad to hear that the redirect for the details pages is working for you. We have indeed improved this functionality in one of our recent releases.

Thanks for reporting the issue with the Materials Explorer search bar. We’d definitely want to bring that functionality back and will start looking into it. @ruoxiyang @munrojm

Appreciate the feedback,
Patrick

Thread closed due to inactivity, please open a new thread to address related issues.