compilation fails: lifcore not found

Hello

I'm having problems by installing lammps on my PC. I work with Suse 11.3. The Lammps release was the most up to date on aug 2012-
"
linux: ****lammps-9Aug12/src # make serial yes-reax

... [lots of .o files]
[...]..reaxc_vector.o region_block.o region_cone.o region.o region_cylinder.o region_intersect.o region_plane.o region_prism.o region_sphere.o region_union.o remap.o remap_wrap.o replicate.o rerun.o respa.o run.o set.o special.o thermo.o timer.o universe.o update.o variable.o velocity.o verlet.o write_restart.o -lreax ../STUBS/libmpi.a -lifcore -lsvml -lompstub -limf -o ../lmp_serial
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.5/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lifcore
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../lmp_serial] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wlad6/lammps-9Aug12/src/Obj_serial'
make: *** [serial] Error 2
"

Now, I cannot find out where the "lifcore" thing comes from. I neither now, what it is, nor where it comes from. Can anybody help me, please, by fixing this problem in order to compile lammps with the reax package ? gfortran is installed on my computer.
I found only on the Internet, that lammps uses lifcore as option for:
+FORTLIB = -lifcore -lsvml -lompstub -limf
(http://lammps.sandia.gov/patches/patch.7Aug09)

Hello

I'm having problems by installing lammps on my PC. I work with Suse 11.3. The Lammps release was the most up to date on aug 2012-
"
linux: ****lammps-9Aug12/src # make serial yes-reax

... [lots of .o files]
[...]..reaxc_vector.o region_block.o region_cone.o region.o region_cylinder.o region_intersect.o region_plane.o region_prism.o region_sphere.o region_union.o remap.o remap_wrap.o replicate.o rerun.o respa.o run.o set.o special.o thermo.o timer.o universe.o update.o variable.o velocity.o verlet.o write_restart.o -lreax ../STUBS/libmpi.a -lifcore -lsvml -lompstub -limf -o ../lmp_serial
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.5/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lifcore
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../lmp_serial] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wlad6/lammps-9Aug12/src/Obj_serial'
make: *** [serial] Error 2
"

Now, I cannot find out where the "lifcore" thing comes from. I neither now, what it is, nor where it comes from. Can anybody help me, please, by fixing this problem in order to compile lammps with the reax package ? gfortran is installed on my computer.
I found only on the Internet, that lammps uses lifcore as option for:
+FORTLIB = -lifcore -lsvml -lompstub -limf
(http://lammps.sandia.gov/patches/patch.7Aug09)

this has been discussed to death on this list.
these settings are for intel fortran compiler.
when you use GNU fortran, you have to replace
it with the fortran runtime library of gfortran, i.e.
-lgfortran

as easy as pie.

axel.

I reported the same problem last week. In the ../lib/reax directory there is a file called Makefile.lammps that is read by the install reax code in ./src/REAX and has the includes for the libraries. This file is not automatically updated and is currently set for the intel compiler. The are two other files in the ./lib/reax directory - Makefile.lammps.ifort and Makefile.lammps.gfortran . Just copy Makefile.lammps.gfortran to Makefile.lammps.

It would be nice if the makefile the you use to build the reax library would automatically copy the appropriate files so that when you run Makfile.gfortran you get the correct Makefile.lammps.

Kevin

It would be nice if the makefile the you use to build the reax
library would automatically copy the appropriate files so that when you
run Makfile.gfortran you get the correct Makefile.lammps.

The reason it isn't auto-updated is that it has info specific to your
system and compiler in it, e.g. where libs are, what are their names. There are
half a dozen Makefiles in lib/reax; most don't even have an accompanying
Makefile.lammps.

Our view, which the doc pages on building LAMMPS explain, is
that it's the user's job to define a Makefile.lammps appropriate
for their system, and make sure it is named Makefile.lammps before
doing the LAMMPS build. (when including these cross-language packages)

I suppose for gfortran and ifort, we could copy the Makefile.lammps.gfortran
for you, but that would undoubtably sometimes break, and would give
the false illusion that LAMMPS knows how to build for your system.

Steve