Confused about how compute chunk/atom style bin/cylinder works

Hello, I searched the mailing lists and the internet for an answer to this question, but I did not find one.

I am confused by the documentation for the bin/cylinder style of compute chunk/atom. It says:

“The bin/cylinder style defines bins for a cylinder oriented along the axis dim with the axis position in the other two radial dimensions at (c1,c2). For dim = x, c1/c2 = y/z; for dim = y, c1/c2 = x/z; for dim = z, c1/c2 = x/y. These can be thought of as a 2d array of bins, each of which is a pie-shaped wedge (radial dimensions) of finite height (along the cylinder axis). The bin size and positions along the cylinder axis are specified by the origin and delta values, the same as for the bin/1d, bin/2d, and bin/3d styles. There are ncbin concentric circles in the radial direction from the cylinder axis with radii equally spaced between crmin and crmax. For example, if crmin = 1.0 and crmax = 10.0 and ncbin = 9, then the first bin spans 1.0 < r < 2.0, and the last bin spans 9.0 < r 10.0. The geometry of the bins in the radial dimensions is the same whether the simulation box is orthogonal or triclinic; i.e. the circles are not tilted or scaled differently in the two different dimensions to transform them into ellipses.”

you’re right - the doc page had some errors. Try reading the latest

version (should appear today) and see if it answers your Qs.

Steve