Connection timeout kim-api-collections

Hi,
I reinstalled the KIM API from source using instructions provided at this page.

Unfortunately I cannot dowload models using kim-api-collection-management script. I get an error which makes me catch two errors in the script:

• The initial error was /usr/local/bin/kim-api-collections-management: line 151 : test: « ) » expected intead of "127 using the example install command from the instruction page. By printing the version I realised that the variable ${version} line 151 actually contained a timeout error from wget: {"error": "127.0.0.1:27017: Errno 111 Connection refused, Timeout: 30s, Topology Description: <TopologyDescription id: 61df0e3746281eba22321a7d, topology_type: Single, servers: <ServerDescription ('127.0.0.1', 27017) server_type: Unknown, rtt: None, error=AutoReconnect('127.0.0.1:27017: Errno 111 Connection refused')>>"} This error is not catch prior in the script. The same happends with wget and curl.
  • Well, my other problem is the timeout error. I know nothing in web API so I am a bit stuck here. I am in a typical case of “it used to work…” so I don’t really know what is happening.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Hi Germain,

Thanks for the report. The main problem was a server-side issue on our part, but we’ll add some better error handling to the client-side script, too. It should work now.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Just made a test, seems to work fine now. I could download a model and its driver.
Thank you very much.

Germain.