I found that FireWorks 1.9.7 requires MongoDB 3.4+ to avoid an error message about
That’s fair considering MongoDB 3.2 and 3.4 are EOL, but it isn’t documented. It caused a hiccup for our team because our internal MongoDB was installed via
apt-get install mongo on Debian, which turns out to be an old package that installs release MongoDB 3.2.11 from Nov. 2016.
Caveat developers: Use the official instructions to install MongoDB, not the Debian
Note: It’d help if the FireWorks documented its minimum-supported MongoDB version.
I took a crack at summarizing the commit logs. The commit messages are not obvious, esp. from a user’s viewpoint, and nothing suggested a change in MongoDB version or use of
gpus-per-taskoption to slurm template.
Thread.is_alive()in favour of
.isAlive()for Python 3.9 compatibility.
- Bug fix: Declare FileTransferTask’s optional parameter
Bug fix for #416 (default multiprocessing change in Python 3.8 on macOS): Not spawning a webserver process fixes * this.
- Feature: Find orphaned Fireworks and remove them from the db.
Feature: Query for Fireworks that match fw_query within workflows that match wf_query. Example: get an overview on * all FIZZLED Fireworks in a particular workflow.
- Feature: Joint queries on Fireworks and Workflows from command line
Feature: Optional JSON-schema validation of serializable FireWorks objects. See https://github.com/ikondov/* fireworks_schema
- Bug fix: Fix for date sorting issues when both strings and dates live within database in date fields.
Feature: Added enhanced display options to print detailed Fireworks information in some maintenance commands (* detect_lostruns, detect_unreserved).
- Feature: The
lpadcommand line can now do a joint query on workflows and Fireworks.
- Bug fix: The parameter “dest” is optional for FileTransferTask.
- Minimal set of overriden igraph defaults for DAGFlow graph visualization.
- Removed igraph.plot default paraemeters from DAGFlow.plot_wf() where possible.
- Removed redundant import and cleaned code style
- New option for graph visualization labels and colors.
- Small extension to DAGflow, allowing for quick inline plotting of Workflows.
- Added DAGFlow.plot_wf().
- Added LaunchPad.delete_wf().
- Reorganized DAGFlow class.
lpad check_wflowcommand checks a workflow but doesn’t graph it.