Error in using Launchpad get_fw_by_id

Hi,

I’m trying to use firework in python to read through my mongodb. However, when I invoke launchpad.get_fw_by_id, I get the following error. Its got to do with compatibility with pymatgen (which renamed io.vaspio module to io.vasp). However I could not identify which file this is getting set and it will be of great help
if you can help me address it. I’m using the latest stable versions of fireworks, pymatgen and monty as available in pip.

File “testCode.py”, line 138, in
structureDictKeyList)
File “calcCrystalStrucDistort.py”, line 37, in get_fw_info
firework = launchpad.get_fw_by_id(fw_id)
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/core/launchpad.py”, line 355, in get_fw_by_id
return Firework.from_dict(self.get_fw_dict_by_id(fw_id))
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 151, in _decorator
new_args[0] = {k: _recursive_load(v) for k, v in args[0].items()}
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 151, in
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 117, in _recursive_load
return [_recursive_load(v) for v in obj]
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 114, in _recursive_load
return {k: _recursive_load(v) for k, v in obj.items()}
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 114, in
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 114, in _recursive_load
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 114, in
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 112, in _recursive_load
return json.loads(json.dumps(obj), cls=MontyDecoder)
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 352, in loads
return cls(encoding=encoding, **kw).decode(s)
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/monty/json.py”, line 224, in decode
return self.process_decoded(d)
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/monty/json.py”, line 200, in process_decoded
mod = import(modname, globals(), locals(), [classname], 0)
ImportError: No module named vaspio.vasp_input

Hi Any updates on this issue?

···

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 6:45:11 PM UTC-4, Janakiraman Balachandran wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to use firework in python to read through my mongodb. However, when I invoke launchpad.get_fw_by_id, I get the following error. Its got to do with compatibility with pymatgen (which renamed io.vaspio module to io.vasp). However I could not identify which file this is getting set and it will be of great help
if you can help me address it. I’m using the latest stable versions of fireworks, pymatgen and monty as available in pip.

structureDictKeyList)
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/core/launchpad.py”, line 355, in get_fw_by_id
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 151, in _decorator
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 151, in
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 117, in _recursive_load
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/utilities/fw_serializers.py”, line 112, in _recursive_load
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 352, in loads
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/monty/json.py”, line 224, in decode
File “/Users/kw1/.pythonvirtualenvs/pymatgenPython2_Oct2016/lib/python2.7/site-packages/monty/json.py”, line 200, in process_decoded

It looks like you have a serialized object in your firework spec that can no longer be reconstructed via recursive_load, since the code from which it was constructed (in this case, pymatgen) has changed. You can either update the spec of the existing fireworks such that deprecated objects are replaced with current ones, or you can revert to a prior version of the code used to generate that object such that the module that was changed (in this case pymatgen.io.vaspio) is concurrent with the serialized object.

Best,

Joey

···

On Oct 12, 2016, at 1:35 PM, Janakiraman Balachandran [email protected] wrote:

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 6:45:11 PM UTC-4, Janakiraman Balachandran wrote:

Hi,

structureDictKeyList)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “fireworkflows” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/fireworkflows.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/6c3db589-505b-4507-a95d-227020ce2e6b%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

There is another (probably preferred option) of using the FW_NAME_UPDATES key in the FWConfig to update the _fw_name of the refactored files. The format of that is a dictionary; each key is the old _fw_name, and the corresponding value should be the new _fw_name

···

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Joseph Montoya [email protected] wrote:

It looks like you have a serialized object in your firework spec that can no longer be reconstructed via recursive_load, since the code from which it was constructed (in this case, pymatgen) has changed. You can either update the spec of the existing fireworks such that deprecated objects are replaced with current ones, or you can revert to a prior version of the code used to generate that object such that the module that was changed (in this case pymatgen.io.vaspio) is concurrent with the serialized object.

Best,

Joey

Hi,

structureDictKeyList)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “fireworkflows” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/6c3db589-505b-4507-a95d-227020ce2e6b%40googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/8F551CFF-4552-4212-9801-E6D10EF489FC%40lbl.gov.

Best,
Anubhav

I have not done this before and I have not made any changes myself. I have only installed the packages from pip. Can you tell me the pymatgen version that was used to serialize the latest version available in pip and I can install that version of pymatgen in my system.

···

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 6:31:06 PM UTC-4, ajain wrote:

There is another (probably preferred option) of using the FW_NAME_UPDATES key in the FWConfig to update the _fw_name of the refactored files. The format of that is a dictionary; each key is the old _fw_name, and the corresponding value should be the new _fw_name

Best,

Joey

Hi,

structureDictKeyList)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/8F551CFF-4552-4212-9801-E6D10EF489FC%40lbl.gov.

Best,
Anubhav

Gosh. I now understand. I was using a deprecated fireworks_vasp module to create the database and which in turn used the vaspio module of pymatgen which has since been deprecated. The problem was that information was missing from the error message. I created the vaspio module manually inside pymatgen.io and it now works. Although I still dont understand anubhavs answer. Say if I create a new updated package say fireworks_vasp2 that provides that is compatible with pymatgen. How do I provide this information in FW_Config. I have three firetasks bundled in each firework and they have different classes as _fw_name

firewoks_vasp.tasks.WriteVaspInputTask, firewoks_vasp.tasks.VaspCustodianTask and firewoks_vasp.tasks.VaspAnalyzeTask.

``

How do I use the FW_NAME_UPDATES so that it can systematically change the names of the three firetasks?

···

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 1:28:19 PM UTC-4, Janakiraman Balachandran wrote:

I have not done this before and I have not made any changes myself. I have only installed the packages from pip. Can you tell me the pymatgen version that was used to serialize the latest version available in pip and I can install that version of pymatgen in my system.

Best,

Joey

Hi,

structureDictKeyList)

Best,
Anubhav

To set up the config file:

https://pythonhosted.org/FireWorks/config_tutorial.html

Add something like

FW_NAME_UPDATES: {<old_name>: <new_name>}

···

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Janakiraman Balachandran [email protected] wrote:

Gosh. I now understand. I was using a deprecated fireworks_vasp module to create the database and which in turn used the vaspio module of pymatgen which has since been deprecated. The problem was that information was missing from the error message. I created the vaspio module manually inside pymatgen.io and it now works. Although I still dont understand anubhavs answer. Say if I create a new updated package say fireworks_vasp2 that provides that is compatible with pymatgen. How do I provide this information in FW_Config. I have three firetasks bundled in each firework and they have different classes as _fw_name

firewoks_vasp.tasks.WriteVaspInputTask, firewoks_vasp.tasks.VaspCustodianTask and firewoks_vasp.tasks.VaspAnalyzeTask.

``

How do I use the FW_NAME_UPDATES so that it can systematically change the names of the three firetasks?

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 1:28:19 PM UTC-4, Janakiraman Balachandran wrote:

Best,

Joey

Hi,

structureDictKeyList)

Best,
Anubhav

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/275e519e-5d7d-47fc-9426-5fc60f9e8337%40googlegroups.com.

Best,
Anubhav

Thanks. I knew to setup config file. I just did not know the syntax for FW_NAME_UPDATES. I will give that a try. Thanks

···

On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 12:07:15 PM UTC-4, ajain wrote:

To set up the config file:

https://pythonhosted.org/FireWorks/config_tutorial.html

Add something like

FW_NAME_UPDATES: {<old_name>: <new_name>}

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Janakiraman Balachandran [email protected] wrote:

``

Best,

Joey

Hi,

structureDictKeyList)

Best,
Anubhav

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/275e519e-5d7d-47fc-9426-5fc60f9e8337%40googlegroups.com.

Best,
Anubhav