ERROR: Incorrect args for pair coefficients (src/MANYBODY/pair_eam_alloy.cpp:51)

Dear User.
I’m experiencing this problem several times now and I can’t solve it what to do. I found a description of how to solve the problem, but I still don’t understand it, can you give me the code to solve it?
Good luck and peace

units metal
dimension 3
boundary p p p
atom_style atomic
neighbor 0.3 bin
neigh_modify every 1 delay 0 check yes
timestep 0.001
read_data Al2O3.data
replicate 3 3 3
pair_style eam/alloy
pair_coeff * * AlO.eam.alloy Al O

This is the second problem encountered
ERROR: No MEAM parameter file in pair coefficients (src/MEAM/pair_meam.cpp:236)
Last command: pair_coeff * * potentials/library.meam potentials/AlSiMgCuFe.meam Al Si

units metal
boundary p p p
atom_style atomic
timestep 0.001
neighbor 0.1 bin
neigh_modify delay 0
comm_modify mode single cutoff 5.0 vel yes
lattice fcc 4.05
region box block 0 5 0 5 0 5
create_box 2 box
create_atoms 1 box
set type 1 type/ratio 2 0.12 10000
mass 1 27 #Al
mass 2 28 #Si
write_data AlSi.data
pair_style meam
pair_coeff * * potentials/library.meam potentials/AlSiMgCuFe.meam Al Si

Can you give me the correct code?
Thank you

What is this description and what exactly did you not understand?

The correct way how to specify the pair_coeff command for the eam/alloy pair style is documented in the LAMMPS manual page for the eam/alloy potential.

The error message is correctly stating that your are not using the pair_coeff command for the meam pair style properly. Again, the explanation for how to do it correctly is in the LAMMPS manual. The command line for MEAM potentials is very tricky, so you need to read very carefully.

You may be aware of the quote “give a man a fish and he is full for a day, teach a man how to fish and he is full for the rest of his life”. That applies here, too, rather than just giving you some corrections it is much better that you learn to understand what your errors are and in the process learn how to read documentation properly. Otherwise, you will be dependent on others correcting your mistakes for the rest of your life. Surely, that is not your intention, right?

1 Like