ERROR:ld returned 1 exit status

Dear GULP developers and users,

The form of EAM potential in the potential function I used is not standard, so I added a Gauss_erf_function module in module.F90 of the source program, and modified the power formula in eamrho.f90. It passed serial compilation, and there was an error in parallel compilation. I want to solve the promblem and ask for help. The error message is as follows:

pbdvecadd.f:(.text+0x1d7): undefined reference to lsame_' /usr/bin/ld: pbdvecadd.f:(.text+0x2b8): undefined reference to lsame_’
/usr/bin/ld: pbdvecadd.f:(.text+0x640): undefined reference to lsame_' /usr/bin/ld: pbdvecadd.f:(.text+0x58e): undefined reference to dcopy_’
/usr/bin/ld: pbdvecadd.f:(.text+0x5b3): undefined reference to dscal_' /usr/bin/ld: pbdvecadd.f:(.text+0x70e): undefined reference to daxpy_’
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libscalapack.a(pbdtrst1.o): in function pbdtrst1_': pbdtrst1.f:(.text+0x69): undefined reference to lsame_’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:215: gulp] Error 1
mv: cannot stat ‘gulp’: No such file or directory

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :laughing:

If you put any of the missing routine names into your search engine then you’ll find out they’re from the Blas library. You need to edit mkgulp to ensure that you are linking against the Blas library (or a maths library that provides it) on your system (either the version that GULP provides or even better an optimised version for your machine).