ERROR: One or more rigid bodies are a single particle in water tip4p simulation

I am trying to simulate TIP4P water by adding 4th massless site (1e-10 mass) and simulating using rigid/nvt/small. My system consist of water, some organic molecules and some non moving atoms.

whenever I am trying to run simulation i get

ERROR: One or more rigid bodies are a single particle (../fix_rigid_small.cpp:1613)

however when i delete all other molecules except water one, it runs smoothly. Simulation also works under NVT if i delete water molecules. Hence other molecules are also fine.

But all system together gives above error. What are the possible reasons?

Rigid molecules are defined in seperate file as follows:
variable bodies atomfile water_groups.txt
fix 1 water rigid/nvt/small custom v_bodies 300 300 100
run 10

Have you tried to use pair_style lj/cut/tip4p/cut? It will add the 4th massless site for you.

http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/Section_howto.html#howto-8

6. How-to discussions — LAMMPS documentation
lammps.sandia.gov
The example input scripts included in the LAMMPS distribution and highlighted in Section 7 also show how to setup and run various kinds of simulations.

Simon

The error message is pretty clear. Your variable v_bodies
must be assigning a single atom to a particular rigid body,
which is not allowed. I suggest you dump the variable to a file (dump custom)
and examine what it defines.

Steve

Thank you for reply, I did what you told using following commands

dump 1 all custom 1 dump.txt v_bodies
# delete_atoms group all_but_water
run 0

There is ony one differnce between running it as just rigid bodies (water) and with water+ other molecules, there is a 0 group in dump files which has all the other atoms.
I checked the body file using simple python script, it does not contain any single atom defined as group.

Thank you for reply, I did what you told using following commands

dump 1 all custom 1 dump.txt v_bodies
# delete_atoms group all_but_water
run 0

There is ony one differnce between running it as just rigid bodies (water)
and with water+ other molecules, there is a 0 group in dump files which has
all the other atoms.
I checked the body file using simple python script, it does not contain
any single atom defined as group.

​perhaps your python script has a bug?
at any rate, without a simple/complete test example to reproduce​ the issue
and the confirmation, that this issue persists with the latest development
version of LAMMPS, there is not likely much more that we can do here.

axel.

Its just 13 lines of code, not much scope of bug! besides it works fine with just water. In any case I understand. Bit late here so will work tomorrow in more organized fashion to see if i can find the trigger, because very recently I was able to run similar file without fuss. In the mean if anyone wants to give a go, or perhaps confirm that problem is only at my end, I am attaching tar file with lammps script and data file i am using (its bit laarge, 26 MB hence the one drive link,[https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ave1F6LmCN-jgwJjsW5lxiJM_7d3] and sorry for the messy formatting!).

I ran it using Lammps 11 may 2018 version (git repo) usin lmp_serial binary.________________________________________

yes. but it is not accelerated right? no support for gpu and xeon phi. thats why i went for making tip4p model my self. the method to do that was discussed by axel last week only in mailing list