Error (UUID) when compiling fitSNAP+LAMMPS

Dear all,
I hope to use the SNAP ML-potential in lammps. I followed the instructions here (2. Installation — FitSNAP documentation) for installation. However, I keep getting the error message near the end of compiling lammps:
[100%] Built target lammps
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/lmp.dir/u/bqluan/lammps/src/main.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable lmp
//usr/lib64/libblkid.so.1: undefined reference to `uuid_unparse@UUID_1.0’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/lmp.dir/build.make:101: lmp] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:266: CMakeFiles/lmp.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2
(fitsnap) [bqluan@cccxl009 build-fitsnap]$ client_loop: send disconnect: Broken pipe

Please help! Thanks a lot!
Binquan

This is a problem with the software installation on your machine. There is next to nothing that can be done about it on the LAMMPS side.

The only “hack” that I can think of would be to use -D BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=on when configuring LAMMPS, i.e. go to your build-fitsnap folder and run the command cmake -D BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=on . and then type make again to recompile. This may help for reasons too technical to explain here. But the chance is small.

Thanks. that is in the instruction of installation:
cmake …/cmake -DLAMMPS_EXCEPTIONS=yes
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=yes
-DMLIAP_ENABLE_PYTHON=yes
-DPKG_PYTHON=yes
-DPKG_ML-SNAP=yes
-DPKG_ML-IAP=yes
-DPKG_ML-PACE=yes
-DPKG_SPIN=yes
-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=which python

As I already stated, this is ultimately a problem with the software installation of your machine and not something that LAMMPS can control. Somehow, you or someone else have managed to get the machine you want to compile on in an inconsistent state. This has nothing to do with how you configure and compile LAMMPS. I was hoping that enabling shared libraries for LAMMPS could work around it, but it cannot.

Please also note, that you do not provide crucial information as suggested by the forum guidelines posted here: Please Read This First: Guidelines and Suggestions for posting LAMMPS questions

But even if you would provide those (e.g. LAMMPS version and platform/OS details) will not make your machine consistent and fix its issues. Your best way out of this is to get help from a local person that knows how to fix broken Linux installations.

Thanks.