error with running IMD examples in lammps

Hi all
I am learning fix imd command. I tried examples under examples/USER/imd. However, I came across problems, I can successfully run each case at the first time, but when I closed them and started them again, the error information would pump out, saying that Error connecting to localhost on port 6789. This occurred for all examples under that directory. Could any one tell me why and how can I fix the problem?
Best regards
Yihua Zhou

Hi all
I am learning fix imd command. I tried examples under examples/USER/imd. However, I came across problems, I can successfully run each case at the first time, but when I closed them and started them again, the error information would pump out, saying that Error connecting to localhost on port 6789. This occurred for all examples under that directory. Could any one tell me why and how can I fix the problem?

Impossible to say from remote. Unlikely, that this is a lammps problem. You probably didn’t terminate a process properly and now you cannot reuse the port until it gets an internal timeout in the Linux kernel.

You have to talk with a local TCP/IP expert and demonstrate to that person what you are doing, to get a proper explanation.

Axel