Errors with VASP

Hi all,

I’m posting this here as I was not sure if there is a custodian-related group. I was running some high-throughput defect calculations on Mendel, and whereas some jobs completed without any errors, others stopped after a few ionic steps with the following error in FW_job.error,

mpirun: killing job…

ERROR:custodian.custodian:{u’handler’: VaspErrorHandler, u’errors’: [u’eddrmm’], u’actions’: [{u’action’: {u’_set’: {u’ALGO’: u’Normal’}}, u’dict’: u’INCAR’}, {u’action’: {u’_file_delete’: {u’mode’: u’actual’}}, u’file’: u’CHGCAR’}, {u’action’: {u’_file_delete’: {u’mode’: u’actual’}}, u’file’: u’WAVECAR’}]}

ERROR:custodian.custodian:MaxErrors

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/global/u1/s/sbajaj/sb_vasp/codes/fireworks/fireworks/core/rocket.py”, line 202, in run

m_action = t.run_task(my_spec)

File “/global/u1/s/sbajaj/sb_vasp/codes/MPWorks/mpworks/examples/firetasks_ex.py”, line 59, in run_task

c.run()

File “/global/u1/s/sbajaj/sb_vasp/codes/custodian/custodian/custodian.py”, line 221, in run

.format(self.total_errors, ex))

RuntimeError: 1 errors reached: MaxErrors. Exited…

INFO:rocket.launcher:Rocket finished

Also, in the output file vasp.out, I noticed the following warning,

WARNING in EDDRMM: call to ZHEGV failed, returncode = 6 3 11

I am using ALGO = Normal, and tried using both vasp/5.2 and vasp/5.3.3_vtst.matgen with the same issue. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Thanks

Saurabh

Can you post on matproj-develop?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/matproj-develop

This group is for FireWorks only and unrelated to Materials Project

···

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Saurabh Bajaj [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

I’m posting this here as I was not sure if there is a custodian-related group. I was running some high-throughput defect calculations on Mendel, and whereas some jobs completed without any errors, others stopped after a few ionic steps with the following error in FW_job.error,

mpirun: killing job…

ERROR:custodian.custodian:{u’handler’: VaspErrorHandler, u’errors’: [u’eddrmm’], u’actions’: [{u’action’: {u’_set’: {u’ALGO’: u’Normal’}}, u’dict’: u’INCAR’}, {u’action’: {u’_file_delete’: {u’mode’: u’actual’}}, u’file’: u’CHGCAR’}, {u’action’: {u’_file_delete’: {u’mode’: u’actual’}}, u’file’: u’WAVECAR’}]}

ERROR:custodian.custodian:MaxErrors

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/global/u1/s/sbajaj/sb_vasp/codes/fireworks/fireworks/core/rocket.py”, line 202, in run

m_action = t.run_task(my_spec)

File “/global/u1/s/sbajaj/sb_vasp/codes/MPWorks/mpworks/examples/firetasks_ex.py”, line 59, in run_task

c.run()

File “/global/u1/s/sbajaj/sb_vasp/codes/custodian/custodian/custodian.py”, line 221, in run

.format(self.total_errors, ex))

RuntimeError: 1 errors reached: MaxErrors. Exited…

INFO:rocket.launcher:Rocket finished

Also, in the output file vasp.out, I noticed the following warning,

WARNING in EDDRMM: call to ZHEGV failed, returncode = 6 3 11

I am using ALGO = Normal, and tried using both vasp/5.2 and vasp/5.3.3_vtst.matgen with the same issue. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Thanks

Saurabh

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “fireworkflows” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/99a1ae13-ef5c-4175-be5e-8dac34256395%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.