FCC Slip planes and direction visualization

Dear all,
I want to visualize FCC slip system in a fcc alloy, when it is subjected to uniaxial tensile force on (111) plane. Please help me.
Thanks

Hi,
It’s not really clear from your question how you expect the visualization of the slip system to look like. Can you elaborate a little bit more? Perhaps you have an example from literature that can serve as reference. Then we can start thinking about ways to accomplish this with OVITO.

Dear Sir,
As we know that partial dislocation like Shockley dislocation, comes from the breaking of perfect dislocation into two partial dislocations. Is there any way to know, what was the burger vector of perfect dislocation, from which this partial dislocation appeared?

I don’t think so. Given just a single Shockley partial dislocation, that partial can be part of two different perfect 1/2<110> dislocations which are dissociated. So this problem has no unique solution. On the other hand, if you do know both Shockley partial dislocations, the leading and the trailing partial, then it’s simple to determine the Burgers vector of the corresponding perfect dislocation: It’s simply the sum of the two Shockley partial Burgers vectors.

The non-uniqueness problem described above may be resolved by taking into account the stress state of the crystal due to external loading. You’ve mentioned that the crystal is being strained along its <111> axis. In principle this information allows you to calculate the Schmid factors on the 12 slip systems of the crystal. Given the two possible 1/2<110> perfect dislocations, the one with the higher resolved shear stress will be the most likely solution.