fix particles when they deposited on the surface

Hi,everyone. I want to simulate the deposition of granular particles by brownian dynamic in lammps. I don’t know how to fix the particles when they contact the surface.
I think the freeze command can be used to fix the particles which have deposited on the surface. At first I need to estimate the deposition. If the z~coordinate of particles is equal to the z~surface, we can confirm the deposition. My problem is to estimate whether the z~coordinate of particles (1000 granular particles) is equal to the z~surface. Can you give me some suggestions? Thanks very much!
Best wishes

Hi,everyone. I want to simulate the deposition of granular particles by brownian dynamic in lammps. I don’t know how to fix the particles when they contact the surface.

In the granular media simulations that I have seen, this was not necessary. Particles would remain in the designated container simply due to the impact of gravity, which corresponds to my expectations of the physics of such a system.

Axel

Axel,thank you very much. So I just need to use the fix gravity command in the conditions of p p f boundary. It is a great idea. I will try now!
Best wishes

See the examples/pour input scripts for granular
models with gravity.

Steve