hello_world_run.py

Hey FireWorks users,

I have recently started to use FireWorks, and I am on the step of the tutorial for registering your own FireTasks. However, when I try to run the hello_world_run.py script, I receive an error that it cannot import FireWorks. I followed all steps correctly in downloading FireWorks, so I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Hi,

Can you post a full list of commands and full stack trace (error message)? Since we cannot see what’s going on in your system, we need to get as much information as possible. We also need to know exactly which tutorial you are following - there are dozens! Although, in this case, I guess you must be following “The Comprehensive Guide to Writing Firetasks with Python”? See also the forum posting guidelines.

Generally, if you cannot even “import fireworks” (lowercase), that means the code is not installed properly. If you type “python” into the command line to open up a Python command line prompt and type “import fireworks”, does it throw an error? If so, what is the full set of commands and errors?

···

On Friday, November 9, 2018 at 12:10:32 PM UTC-8, [email protected] wrote:

Hey FireWorks users,

I have recently started to use FireWorks, and I am on the step of the tutorial for registering your own FireTasks. However, when I try to run the hello_world_run.py script, I receive an error that it cannot import FireWorks. I followed all steps correctly in downloading FireWorks, so I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to fix this problem.

Thanks