How to find slip surfaces of HCP atoms?

The stacking fault (SF) is formed by HCP atoms wrapped by Shockley partial dislocation and continues to
grow and slip along the plane (1− 11) as shown in the figure.
Capture
Ref: Redirecting
Please help me find out, how to determine the slip direction?

Normally, the atomic slip direction is equal to the Burgers vector of the dislocation that leaves behind the SF. The DXA function of OVITO can give you that information.

I’m not sure, does this answer your question?

Thank you Sir for your quick reply.
Sir, how can we determine the slip plane ( for example slip plane (1 -1 1), as shown in figure) in OVITO?

What OVITO can help you with is to find the normal vector of the plane you have marked as slip plane in the simulation coordinate system. You can e.g. try to work with the “Pick three points” function of the Slice Modifier. Given the crystal orientation in the simulation coordinate system, it is then possible for you to compute the miller indices from the normal vector.

And, once you know the Burgers vector of the Shockley partial dislocation from DXA, the slip plane is uniquely defined. You simply have to look it up in Thompson’s tetrahedron.

Keep in mind though that slip direction and plane are given in the lattice coordinate system chosen by DXA, which is ambiguous due to the cubic lattice symmetries. If you need to determine these things in the global simulation coordinate system, you can use the method proposed above.

Thank you so much for your help in finding the answer to my question! I really appreciate it.

Sir, thank you so much for the quick response and help!