How to redirect screen output when running lammps from Python

Hello,
When I use the command lmp.file(‘inp’) to run lammps from python, it print all output to screen. I did not find a command to redirect the output to files but not screen. Could anyone give me a hint how to do that? Thank you!

Shijun

You already received an answer to this question.

giacomo,

this is an 8 days old e-mail. there is some very funny stuff going on with the sourceforge servers. please don’t blame people for things beyond their control.

the list has been down multiple times and most recently, for certain people e-mails just bounced with “550 user unknown” messages. for me, too, and i had to unsubscribe and resubscribe to get back to the no-bounce state.

also, in the mailing list moderation interface, some e-mails that were approved over 12 hours ago, only show up now. others went through. but then again, those e-mails don’t show up yet in the mailing archive page on sourceforge. in total, it is a mess and has been for almost two weeks now.

axel.

Yeah, I saw that just after hitting “send”…

I can confirm that I got bounced too when I sent other emails, but interestingly not on this one that was useless after all. Oh well.

Yeah, I saw that just after hitting "send"...

I can confirm that I got bounced too when I sent other emails, but
interestingly not on this one that was useless after all. Oh well.

​looks almost like sourceforge ​sysadmins had to reinstall/restore their
mailing list servers from backups multiple times and stuff got messed up in
between.

mails seem to be going through with minimal delay again, so perhaps the
servers are back in service and the "pipes" have been opened again.

axel.