Increasing precision / number of decimal places of the total energy

Hello,

I am running a LAMMPS simulation where in I am studying the energy of the system with a vacancy. I am using the fire tool for minimization and the TotEng output for the same is for example XXXX.XXXX.
Hence I am obtaining a precision of only 4 decimal places. I would like to know how to increase the same to maybe 10 or 12 decimal places. I have tried the option of using thermo_modify command, but I have a repeated error of temperature ID not defined. Kindly aid me in the same.
I can provide the input file if needed.

Thanks Bopanna

Hello,

I am running a LAMMPS simulation where in I am studying the energy of the system with a vacancy. I am using the fire tool for minimization and the TotEng output for the same is for example XXXX.XXXX.
Hence I am obtaining a precision of only 4 decimal places. I would like to know how to increase the same to maybe 10 or 12 decimal places. I have tried the option of using thermo_modify command, but I have a repeated error of temperature ID not defined. Kindly aid me in the same.

The error message indicates, that your input is incorrect. Please make sure, that you follow the documentation that matches your lammps version. The online docs always describe the very latest development version.

Axel

For thermo output from either the run or minimize command,
the thermo_modify format command can set the precision of the
output.

Steve