Installing problem

Hi,

I installed gfortran via brew install gcc and then I tried to compile gulp-6 on my mac and I get the following error. Do you by any chance know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Jack

MAC127271:Src 60m$ ./mkgulp
Building with FoX disabled
gfortran -O3 -ffpe-summary=invalid,zero,overflow -I… -I/usr/local/include/ -DFLUSH -DNOFOX -c …/gulpcml.F90
gfortran -O3 -ffpe-summary=invalid,zero,overflow -I… -I/usr/local/include/ -DFLUSH -DNOFOX -c …/gulpcml_md.F90
gfortran -O3 -ffpe-summary=invalid,zero,overflow -I… -I/usr/local/include/ -DFLUSH -DNOFOX -c …/gulpcml_phonon.F90
gfortran -O3 -ffpe-summary=invalid,zero,overflow -I… -I/usr/local/include/ -DFLUSH -DNOFOX -c …/gulpcml_props.F90
gfortran -O3 -ffpe-summary=invalid,zero,overflow -I… -I/usr/local/include/ -DFLUSH -DNOFOX -c …/borncharge.F90
gfortran -O3 -ffpe-summary=invalid,zero,overflow -I… -I/usr/local/include/ -DFLUSH -DNOFOX -c …/destroy.F90
…/destroy.F90:230:25:

141 | call collect(numat,c6f(1),rtmp,iptr)

230 | call collect(nasym,rtmp2,rtmp,iptr)
Error: Rank mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (scalar and rank-1)

The answer to this is in the README file under “Compiler Notes”. If you are using the most recent versions of gfortran (10,11) then you need to add “-fallow-argument-mismatch” in mkgulp to the compiler options.

Thank you! It works.