Is it possible to output the time passed instead of the number of timesteps passed in the output file for fix ave/chunk?

Hi, quick question. My code works fine, but I’m wondering if there’s a way I can adjust the output slightly.

I’m using compute chunk/atom to do some calculations, and then outputting the results using fix ave/chunk. The fix ave/chunk command is set up so that it will print out the number of timesteps that have passed for each “timestep” reported. I wanted to know if it’s possible to adjust it so that it prints out the actual amount of time passed, instead of the number of timesteps.

For example, in my output file, the timesteps listed increase by increments of 1000. This is because I have it set to calculate the data every 1000 timesteps. The timestep I have given it is .002 ps. I would like it if I could somehow tell the code to list the timestep as .002*1000 (for the first timestep, for example), which would have it list 1 (in ps) instead of 1000, and so on for all of the other timesteps.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to make that adjustment?

Thank you!

No there is not unless you modify the source code and recompile.

1 Like