Lammps don`t see meam/c potential

Hello I`ve installed Lammps legacy version from 3 march 2020. I installed lammps via cmake and then installed the User-meamc package via make. And recompiled lammps using the make mpi command in the src folder. Everything seems to be done according to the instructions, but the test task from the examples folder does not work. Gives an error message:
pair_style meam/c
ERROR: Unknown pair style (…/force.cpp:190)

Why not a more recent version?

You cannot mix CMake and traditional make build procedures. Pick one and stick with it.

You probably used the wrong executable or ignored some error/warning during build.

3 march 2020 - becouse when I use command “make ps” shows also user packages
I used your addvice not mxing make and cmake, In this time make command was used. And there was two errors/warnings:

…/variable.cpp: In member function ‘int LAMMPS_NS::Variable::next(int, char**)’:
…/variable.cpp:686:33: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int fscanf(FILE*, const char*, …)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
fscanf(fp,“%d”,&nextindex);
^

…/lammps.cpp: In member function ‘void LAMMPS_NS::LAMMPS::init_pkg_lists()’:
…/lammps.cpp:914:13: note: variable tracking size limit exceeded with -fvar-tracking-assignments, retrying without
void _noopt LAMMPS::init_pkg_lists()

You are not making sense. There are no more “user” packages in the current version of LAMMPS. We reorganized and renamed packages and dropped the “user” designation. So USER-MEAMC is now just MEAM.

These are warnings because of the compiler configuration that your Linux version enforces and can be safely ignored. Those warnings are meant for inexperienced programmers, but there are cases where those warnings are not flagging a serious problem. The second would not show with a recent GCC compiler, so I would infer from that you have a rather old, if not outdated, Linux version.

Please also note, that pair style meam/c has been renamed to just meam, since the original fortran implementation of MEAM has been removed as it had multiple disadvantages, was unmaintained and completely superseded by the C++ version (which also turned out to be faster).

You were right, the root of the problem was in the old version of Linux. Thank you very much.