[lammps-users] Can't install user-reaxc in Bluegene/P

Hello all,

I can successfully install lammps on Bluegene/P including user packages such as user-eff. But when I do make yes-user-reaxc and then make bgp, the installation fails with the error messages like this: “reaxc-*.o” files not found. I have tried different versions of lammps, but no success so far after 8 hours of effort. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Payel Das

Hello all,

I can successfully install lammps on Bluegene/P including user packages such
as user-eff. But when I do make yes-user-reaxc and then make bgp, the
installation fails with the error messages like this: "reaxc-*.o" files not
found. I have tried different versions of lammps, but no success so far
after 8 hours of effort. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

most likely there are other error messages. please provide more details.
nobody here has a crystal ball that allows them to see what you see.

axel.

Hello Axel,
Thanks for the response.

This is the last part of the error message:

/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file force.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file pair_reax_c.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_allocate.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_basic_comm.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_bond_orders.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_bonds.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_control.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_ffield.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_forces.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_hydrogen_bonds.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_init_md.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_io_tools.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_list.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_lookup.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_multi_body.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_nonbonded.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_reset_tools.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_system_props.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_tool_box.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_torsion_angles.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_traj.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_valence_angles.o not found
/opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/9.0/bin/bgxlC_r: 1501-228 (W) input file reaxc_vector.o not found
make[1]: […/lmp_bgp] Error 252 (ignored)
size …/lmp_bgp

graycol.gif

ecblank.gif

those are useless. this is just what you wrote about.
please use some common sense and send us what
is meaningful. if those files are not compiled, then
there has to be some error showing why they are
not compiled.

thanks,

axel.

ecblank.gif

graycol.gif

Fixed the problem. The zlib.sh file was missing.

Thanks,

Payel

graycol.gif

ecblank.gif

did you by any chance compile with: make -i bgp ??

in any case, try commenting out the statement:

#include “zlib.h”
in
reaxc_types.h

and then do a:
make clean-bgp
make bgp

and see if that helps.

(that took me less than 45minutes, including a git checkout through
an ssh tunnel to a machine halfway across the country. the error message
is very obvious and the fact that this file is not needed is also easy to
validate).

axel.

graycol.gif

ecblank.gif

Thanks for the help, Axel. I directed the reaxc_types.h file to the correct location of zlib.sh and the compilation worked fine.

Payel

graycol.gif

ecblank.gif