[lammps-users] Heat source for TTM or ATC

Dear LAMMPS users

After reading the manual and relevant papers for fix ttm/mod and fix atc (two-temp). I noticed that you cannot specify a heat source that is “moving” in fix ttm. However, for fix atc, the <value|function> in the relevant fix modify for heat source is not clear to me. I hope someone clears out these two questions for me:

1- can fix ttm/mod use a heat source that is different from specified in the manual, maybe through the source codes?
2- Is it possible to use fix atc (two temperature coupling) to specify a “custom” heat source?

Regards

There all usable features in LAMMPS are documented. There are no features that are only available by changes to the source except for enabling output for debugging purposes.

If you want to make changes to the source code to add new features, you need to read it and the comments in it.

Axel

Thank you for your reply .

Can you please inform me about the <value|function> in the fix_modify atc source. The manual does not say how to specify this function

Thank you for your reply .

Can you please inform me about the <value|function> in the fix_modify atc source. The manual does not say how to specify this function

this would be some string describing an available function plus its arguments (please see the given example).
for more details you would have to look through the AtC source code in lib/atc or contact the AtC developers.

axel.