[lammps-users] Printing radius of gyration

Hi,

I am trying to use the computes gyration and gyration/shape to output gyration data and I’m getting this error:

ERROR: Variable rg: Compute used in variable between runs is not current

I’m not too fluent in using computes so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Here is a truncated input:

This is a regularly recurring question. Please do a web search or explicitly search the mailing list archives and you should get an explanation and various suggestions to resolve this issue.

Hey Axel,

Unfortunately, my network blocks github so I wasn’t able to access some of the mailing list. Nonetheless, I put the compute in the thermo output to force update and things are working now. Would be interested to know if there’s a cleaner way. This is what I have now that is working.

The mailing list archive is not on Github. Thus it is irrelevant whether github is blocked or not.

With error messages you usually get a hit with any search engine if you quote the error message and add “lammps” as a search keyword.
The search hits will typically be from either the mailing list archive at sourceforge or the mirror and forum on matsci.org. Each have their own search boxes, but the web searches are usually much better at finding relevant hits.

For example try this: https://www.google.com/search?q=Compute+used+in+variable+between+runs+is+not+current+lammps