[lammps-users] "Re-build" LAMMPS error

Hello, I’ve been trying to build the new version of LAMMPS (the 12Feb orig. release) using a makefile that worked previously for a build of the 9Mar06 version, but I’ve been getting the following error

angle_charmm.o(.text+0xcaa): In function LAMMPS_NS::AngleCharmm::read_restart(_IO_FILE*)': : undefined reference to MPI_Bcast’
angle_charmm.o(.text+0xcca): In function LAMMPS_NS::AngleCharmm::read_restart(_IO_FILE*)': : undefined reference to MPI_Bcast’
angle_charmm.o(.text+0xcea): In function LAMMPS_NS::AngleCharmm::read_restart(_IO_FILE*)': : undefined reference to MPI_Bcast’
angle_charmm.o(.text+0xd0a): In function LAMMPS_NS::AngleCharmm::read_restart(_IO_FILE*)': : undefined reference to MPI_Bcast’
angle_cosine.o(.text+0x83b): In function LAMMPS_NS::AngleCosine::read_restart(_IO_FILE*)': : undefined reference to MPI_Bcast’
angle_cosine_squared.o(.text+0x988): more undefined references to MPI_Bcast' follow atom.o(.text+0x10f8): In function LAMMPS_NS::atom::tag_extend()’:
: undefined reference to `MPI_Allreduce’

…etc, followed by:

make[1]: *** […/lmp_jedi] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/net/hc281/gte203p/lammpsnew/lammps-12Feb07/src/Obj_jedi’
make: *** [jedi] Error 2

I’m wondering if it’s related to the fact that the libmpi.a file isn’t in the net/hj1/ihpcl/i586rh-4AS/mpich-1.2.5.2/lib path specified in the makefile. I’m not finding it in the directories above either. I do see libmpich.a, libpmpich.a and other similar files, but shouldn’t the “-lmpich” link to one of these?

The makefile looks like this:

jedi = RedHat Linux box, Intel icpc, MPICH, no FFTW

SHELL = /bin/sh

#.IGNORE:

System-specific settings

CC = icpc

CCFLAGS = -O2 -I/net/hj1/ihpcl/i586rh-4AS/mpich-1.2.5.2/include \

-DFFT_NONE -DGZIP

DEPFLAGS = -M

LINK = icpc

LINKFLAGS = -O2 -static -L/net/hj1/ihpcl/i586rh-4AS/mpich-1.2.5.2/lib -lmpich

USRLIB =

SYSLIB =

ARCHIVE = ar

ARFLAGS = -rc

SIZE = size

Thanks…any advice whatsoever is much appreciated…

Kevin

Since you have MPI installed on your box, I'd see
if you can write and compile/link a 2-line MPI program
with the library and your compiler to see how
to get it to work.

Steve