lpad webgui: how to specify the port number for the flask webserver?

Dear Fireworks support,

I am trying to use a different port (ie: other than 5000) for flask web server so that I can have two separate instances (one for testing and another for production).

The documentation says that “The -s (or --server) option runs in ‘server mode’, e.g. skips opening up a browser. Other options include --host and --port…” I am not sure the “–port” here is mongdb port, or flask web server port.

Also If this is for the command line, “-s” means “slient” according to lpad help.

If this is the flask port in the my_launchpad.yaml, could you tell me how to do so in yaml file?

Thanks!

Alex.

The --port is the port that Flask runs on. Hopefully this should be clear from the documentation or from just quickly trying it rather than needing the dev list. But anyway I have committed a clarification to the code.

If you want to set the Flask port in the FW_config.yaml file, I just committed that option to the Git repo now (through the WEB_SERVER argument). You can pull that code or wait for the next PyPI release, which I hope to do in the next few days or so.

The -s option is different whether it comes after “lpad” or “webgui”, e.g. “lpad -s webgui -s” is different from “lpad -s webgui” is different from “lpad webgui -s”. That is why “lpad -h” shows a different option for “-s” than “lpad webgui -h”.

Best,

Anubhav

···

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Alex Li [email protected] wrote:

Dear Fireworks support,

I am trying to use a different port (ie: other than 5000) for flask web server so that I can have two separate instances (one for testing and another for production).

The documentation says that “The -s (or --server) option runs in ‘server mode’, e.g. skips opening up a browser. Other options include --host and --port…” I am not sure the “–port” here is mongdb port, or flask web server port.

Also If this is for the command line, “-s” means “slient” according to lpad help.

If this is the flask port in the my_launchpad.yaml, could you tell me how to do so in yaml file?

Thanks!

Alex.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “fireworkflows” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/6e4ef4f8-c9c2-4d72-953a-8c64c4a8fd1f%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.