make mpi error

Hello,

I am trying to install Lammps on Ubuntu and each time I try to “make mpi” I get this error message. Any suggestions?

rebeccamichalczyk@…8457…:~/Desktop/lammps-11Aug17/src$ make mpi
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/rebeccamichalczyk/Desktop/lammps-11Aug17/src/Obj_mpi’
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/rebeccamichalczyk/Desktop/lammps-11Aug17/src/Obj_mpi’
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/rebeccamichalczyk/Desktop/lammps-11Aug17/src/Obj_mpi’
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -DLAMMPS_MEMALIGN=64 -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/pppm_tip4p.cpp
make[1]: mpicxx: Command not found
Makefile:104: recipe for target ‘pppm_tip4p.o’ failed
make[1]: *** [pppm_tip4p.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/rebeccamichalczyk/Desktop/lammps-11Aug17/src/Obj_mpi’
Makefile:158: recipe for target ‘mpi’ failed
make: *** [mpi] Error 2

Thank you,

Rebecca

Hello,

I am trying to install Lammps on Ubuntu and each time I try to “make mpi” I get this error message. Any suggestions?

rebeccamichalczyk@…8457…:~/Desktop/lammps-11Aug17/src$ make mpi
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -DLAMMPS_MEMALIGN=64 -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/pppm_tip4p.cpp
make[1]: mpicxx: Command not found

Command not found means, that you don’t have a working MPI installation which will provide the ‘mpicxx’ command. please refer to the documentation of your distribution how to install it.
some additional hints may be found in the comments of src/MAKE/MACHINES/Makefile.ubuntu

you may also consider installing a pre-compiled lammps package, which should exist for your distribution. details about that may be found on the LAMMPS home page and the LAMMPS manual.

axel.