Making error (LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor) LAMMPS on ubuntu

Dear users,

I want to make LAMMPS on my laptop by ubuntu as a new user.

When I use make serial or make g++ commands, I have errors as below,

neighbor.o: In function LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::choose_build(int, LAMMPS_NS::NeighRequest*)': neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x11dd): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_from_full_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x11ea): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_from_full_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1223): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_nsq_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1230): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_nsq_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1243): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_nsq_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1251): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_nsq_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1277): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_bin_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x128f): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_bin_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x129c): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_bin_newton_tri_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x12ba): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_bin_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x12c7): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_bin_newton_tri_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x12da): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_bin_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1303): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_multi_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x131b): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_multi_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1328): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_multi_newton_tri_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1346): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_multi_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1353): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_multi_newton_tri_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1366): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::half_multi_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1390): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::full_nsq_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x13d2): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::full_nsq_ghost_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x13f1): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::full_bin_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1433): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::full_bin_ghost_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x144f): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::full_multi_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x14a9): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::granular_nsq_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x14b6): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::granular_nsq_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x14ce): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::granular_bin_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x14e6): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::granular_bin_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x14f3): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::granular_bin_newton_tri_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1558): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::respa_nsq_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1561): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::respa_nsq_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1573): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::respa_bin_no_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1587): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::respa_bin_newton_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)' neighbor.cpp:(.text+0x1590): undefined reference to LAMMPS_NS::Neighbor::respa_bin_newton_tri_omp(LAMMPS_NS::NeighList*)’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** […/lmp_serial] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/turgay/LAMMPS/lammps-2Dec11/src/Obj_serial’
make: *** [serial] Error 2
turgay@…3072…:~/LAMMPS/lammps-2Dec11/src$

Any help will be appreciate.

Regards.

Hi,

What packages are you trying to build LAMMPS with? Maybe you should try to uninstall all (standard and user) packages and the install again those that you need. Also in the documentation of the USER-OMP package it says that this package should always be installed last (apparently you have issues with this one in particular).

Greetings,

Nikita

2011/12/2 turgay hhhhhhhhh <turgaykorkut@…8…>

Hi,

What packages are you trying to build LAMMPS with? Maybe you should try to
uninstall all (standard and user) packages and the install again those that
you need. Also in the documentation of the USER-OMP package it says that
this package should always be installed last (apparently you have issues
with this one in particular).

no. this has nothing to do with the USER-OMP package.

the multi-threaded neighbor list code is in a different location.

steve just merged in a large number of files from my multi-thread
development tree and it is quite possible, that there is some
minor oversight somewhere in the packaging.

i would suggest to try retrieve the sources via git or svn
or wait a little bit until we have reproduced the problem
and fixed it. i will start looking into it ASAP.

axel.

2011/12/2 turgay hhhhhhhhh <[email protected]...>:

Dear users,

I want to make LAMMPS on my laptop by ubuntu as a new user.

When I use make serial or make g++ commands, I have errors as below,

yes. unfortunately a few files from the multi-threading merge
are missing in the current LAMMPS distribution and in the svn
and git repositories.

please wait until this is fixed. there will be an announcement
e-mail to this mailing list and the repositories should be updated
the following day. sorry about the issue, but the number of files
that steve had to merge in was really large...

cheers,
    axel.