Mpi error during building lammps

Hi, all

When I use MPI compiler to install the latest version (2022) of lammps, the following error message appears; I don’t remember that this happened during the compilation of lammps of 2021 version.

[hangc@manager src]$ make mpi
Gathering installed package information (may take a little while)
make[1]: Entering directory /home1/hangc/lammps/lammps-23Jun2022/src' make[1]: lmpinstalledpkgs.h’ is up to date.
Gathering git version information
make[1]: Leaving directory /home1/hangc/lammps/lammps-23Jun2022/src' Compiling LAMMPS for machine mpi make[1]: Entering directory /home1/hangc/lammps/lammps-23Jun2022/src/Obj_mpi’
Makefile.package.settings:4: …/…/lib/electrode/Makefile.lammps: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target ../../lib/electrode/Makefile.lammps'. Stop. make[1]: Leaving directory /home1/hangc/lammps/lammps-23Jun2022/src/Obj_mpi’
make[1]: Entering directory /home1/hangc/lammps/lammps-23Jun2022/src/Obj_mpi' Makefile.package.settings:4: ../../lib/electrode/Makefile.lammps: No such file or directory make[1]: *** No rule to make target …/…/lib/electrode/Makefile.lammps’. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home1/hangc/lammps/lammps-23Jun2022/src/Obj_mpi’
make: *** [mpi] Error 2

This cannot have happened because the ELECTRODE package did not exist in that version.

The error is due to not following the installation instructions for that package correctly.
In general, I would recommend to use the CMake based build procedure over the traditional make one since it will handle such issues automatically.

Thank you very much, teacher!