pair coeff

Dear LAMMPS users,

I am trying to find thermal conductivity of combination of bio-molecules/crystals (mainly hydroxyapatite and collagen).

I have used topo tools to get lammps input data file from PDB file. Although I have got all the co-ordinates, angles, dihedrals, impropers etc., I am particularly finding difficulty in giving pair coefficients.
As there are 17 atom types, 1 bond type, 21 angle types, 20 dihedral types, 3 improper types, I am confused how to give pair coefficients!!
I am using LJ potential for starting purpose. Later I will go for other potentials for getting closer values to literature. If anybody have got lammps input script (apart from manual ) for predicting thermal conductivity of bio-molecules /crystals , kindly pass on as it will be much more helpful .

I am attaching the lammps input data file

molecule.txt (241 KB)

Dear LAMMPS users,

I am trying to find thermal conductivity of combination of bio-molecules/crystals (mainly hydroxyapatite and collagen).

I have used topo tools to get lammps input data file from PDB file. Although I have got all the co-ordinates, angles, dihedrals, impropers etc., I am particularly finding difficulty in giving pair coefficients.
As there are 17 atom types, 1 bond type, 21 angle types, 20 dihedral types, 3 improper types, I am confused how to give pair coefficients!!
I am using LJ potential for starting purpose. Later I will go for other potentials for getting closer values to literature. If anybody have got lammps input script (apart from manual ) for predicting thermal conductivity of bio-molecules /crystals , kindly pass on as it will be much more helpful .

I am attaching the lammps input data file

Thanks

Mahesh

molecule.txt (241 KB)

I’m confused by what you mean. If you have values for sigma and epsilon and don’t know how to specify them, it’s like this:

pair_coeff <atom type 1> <atom type 2>

You can use wildcards, so if you want atom 1 to interact with all atom types in the same way you can write:

pair_coeff 1 * …

If you want to know how to get the values for epsilon, sigma, and the cutoff, that’s really a question about your model and not about LAMMPS. You should be able to find those values in the same place that you got the diehdral and angle coefficients.