ParaDiS, or Parallel Dislocation Simulator, is a discrete dislocation dynamics simulation tool

Some introduction about ParaDiS can be found from these two websites:
ParaDiS: Dislocation Simulations (stanford.edu)
ParaDiS v3.0: Parallel Dislocation Simulator | Innovation and Partnerships Office (llnl.gov)

I hope you can share and discuss any questions if you are ParaDiS users and developers.

Hi Cong,

I am currently learning to use Paradis Code so as to carryout DD simulations and facing a issue from several months.

In my DD simulations, The Stress-Strain Curve after undergoing a initial hump, undergoes softening rather than hardening as shown below:

stress_Plastic_strain
tantalum_nl.ctrl (1.8 KB)
scr15_cube5K_relax.data (301.6 KB)
fm-ctab.Ta.300K.0GPa.m2.t5.dat (272.1 KB)

I am unable to understand the reason for this issue.

I am getting similar stress strain curve with Different Mobility like BCC_0, BCC_nl and BCC_Ta.

But I have seen papers in which material undergo strain hardening after plastic deformation in DD simulations as shown below:

I have attached My Data File and Control File in this post.

If you have any ideas, regarding this , Kindly help.

@cd.cnl @Vikram_Roy this forum is probably not the right place for discussions about Paradis. I’m not aware of a dedicated forum but there seems to be a Github repo at GitHub - LLNL/ParaDiS: ParaDiS (Parallel Dislocation Simulator) is a massively parallel Discrete Dislocation Dynamics simulation tool to simulate motion and interaction of large ensembles of dislocations. You could post an issue there and ask where best to ask for help.