POTCAR Warning msg

Hi,
I got this error msg after update my system and already ran pmg config --add as in the pymatgen website but it doesn’t seem like it work.

I wonder if anyone has the similar experience could help me fix this one?
/Users/nganhuynh/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymatgen/io/vasp/inputs.py:1839: UnknownPotcarWarning: POTCAR with symbol C has metadata that does not match any VASP POTCAR known to pymatgen. The data in this POTCAR is known to match the following functionals: ['PBE_52', 'unvie_PBE_52', 'PBE_54'] warnings.warn("POTCAR with symbol {} has metadata that does not match\

Thank you for your time!

Kelly

Hello,

unfortunately I do not have a solution to this issue, other than just ignoring it which I have done for the last couple of months.

However, I like to add that overriding the default potcar in the vasp_input_set (vis) also does not resolve this issue, but results in an additional BadInputSetWarning. For the setting PMG_DEFAULT_FUNCTIONAL: PBE_54 in ~/.pmgrc.yaml, the folder name POT_GGA_PAW_PBE_54 in my PMG_VASP_PSP_DIR, and 'PBE_54' in vis.potcar_functional results in the following output for a quick static test calculation using a StaticFW firework from atomate on Si:

2020-11-30 09:56:30,326 INFO Launching Rocket
/home/mwo/anaconda3/envs/TriboFlow/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymatgen/io/vasp/sets.py:441: BadInputSetWarning: Overriding the POTCAR functional is generally not recommended  as it significantly affect the results of calculations and compatibility with other calculations done with the same input set. Note that some POTCAR symbols specified in the configuration file may not be available in the selected functional.
  warnings.warn(
2020-11-30 09:56:30,787 INFO RUNNING fw_id: 1744 in directory: /home/mwo/FireWorks/TriboFlow/launcher_2020-11-30-08-56-30-325529
2020-11-30 09:56:30,982 INFO Task started: {{atomate.vasp.firetasks.write_inputs.WriteVaspFromIOSet}}.
2020-11-30 09:56:31,013 INFO Task completed: {{atomate.vasp.firetasks.write_inputs.WriteVaspFromIOSet}} 
2020-11-30 09:56:31,063 INFO Task started: {{atomate.vasp.firetasks.run_calc.RunVaspCustodian}}.
/home/mwo/anaconda3/envs/TriboFlow/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymatgen/io/vasp/inputs.py:1839: UnknownPotcarWarning: POTCAR with symbol Si has metadata that does not match                          any VASP POTCAR known to pymatgen. The data in this                          POTCAR is known to match the following functionals:                          ['PBE_52', 'PBE_54', 'unvie_PBE_52']
  warnings.warn("POTCAR with symbol {} has metadata that does not match\
/home/mwo/anaconda3/envs/TriboFlow/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymatgen/io/vasp/inputs.py:1839: UnknownPotcarWarning: POTCAR with symbol Si has metadata that does not match                          any VASP POTCAR known to pymatgen. The data in this                          POTCAR is known to match the following functionals:                          ['PBE_52', 'PBE_54', 'unvie_PBE_52']
  warnings.warn("POTCAR with symbol {} has metadata that does not match\
2020-11-30 09:57:02,850 INFO Task completed: {{atomate.vasp.firetasks.run_calc.RunVaspCustodian}}