Problem in calculating VdW Energy

That was my fault definitely and i see it now.

Yet with using the latest msi2lmp tool, the problem is same with the VdW energy values. LAMMPS still calculates it as -88.71 .

The .car, mdf and latest data files are attached.

stablyapi.car (359 KB)

stablyapi.mdf (404 KB)

stablyapi.data (1.44 MB)

I tried to run the simulations with a 50 A cut off now. Both softwares calculated same value for the VdW energy.

Yet i need to resolve the problem for 15 A cut off as i will have further work on this structure.

Hi Marcel

I am afraid I don’t quite remember your earlier email, but I think that you are using Forcite. I am not familiar with how it handles cutoffs, but Accelrys often used to use group-based cutoffs rather than atom-based as LAMMPS does. Such a subtlety would make small differences at the shorter cutoff distances. The other thought are the long-range corrections – are you using them in both codes and are they added in the vdW term in one code but separate in the other?

Paul

psaxe@…1795…

Phone: +1.760.495.4924 x 102
Cell: +1.505.603.8182

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521. This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this email from your computer. The sender does not waive any privilege in the event this message was inadvertently disseminated.

MedeA® and Materials Design® are registered trademarks of Materials Design, Inc.

Hi,

Here is my first mail, it may answer most of your questions. I use Forcite Module with Atom based VdW calculations with a 15 A cut off.

Thanks for your response.

Marcel

Hi,

I use Materials Studio and LAMMPS simultaneously for a polyimide.

The problem i have is that, while MS Forcite module calculates my structure’s VdW energy as -78.516, in LAMMPS i have -88.7126.

I have checked my pair parameters for so many times and there are no problems in them.

I use pcff as force-field and my input file looks like;

clear

units real
boundary p p p
atom_style full

pair_style lj/class2/coul/long 15
kspace_style ewald 1.0e-004
special_bonds lj 0.0 0.0 1.0 coul 0.0 0.0 1.0

bond_style class2
angle_style class2
dihedral_style class2
improper_style class2

neighbor 2.0 bin
neigh_modify every 1 delay 2 check yes page 100000000 one 100000

read_data stablyapi.lammps05
#read_restart TR-m-p.restart.3000000

velocity all create 308.0 4928459 rot yes dist gaussian

#FIX
thermo_style multi
thermo 10000

#DUMP

dump 1 all custom 100000 6fdadam760.lammpstrj id type xs ys zs ix iy iz

restart 100000 stblypn.restart

timestep 1
fix 1 all npt temp 308 308 20 iso 1 1 1000.0
run 10000

I look at the VdW value at step 0.

I suspect that this may be due to the long range VdW truncations, yet could not find a solution for it.