Problem of running python example

Hi, everyone!
This is my first time to use lammps python interface and one problem occurs when I run in.python in examples/python directory.
I compile the LAMMPS-5Nov2016 version source code into a shared library. No error occurs when compiling. Then set the two environmental variables in my .bashrc file like this:
export PYTHONPATH=/public2/home/qzy/soft/LAMMPS/lmp-5Nov16/python:$PYTHONPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/public2/home/qzy/soft/LAMMPS/lmp-5Nov16/src:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

After this, I go to run the examples under python/examples, for example, type “python -i simple.py in.simple” in my shell terminal.
It is successful. Then I go to run the in.python under examples/python directory. The first two python functions are completed with no error. When it run the third python function, an error is thrown that “Error on proc 0: Python function evalution failed (…/python.cpp: 247)”. So I write some print command in the python code file (that is, funcs.py) to debug. I found that it stopped at the line “natoms=lmp.get_natoms()”, that is, it can’t perform lammps command from python code. To test more, I run the plain python and type:

from lammps import lammps
lmp=lammps()
lmp.command(" print ‘Hello from inside Python’")
Hello from inside Python
it seems good.
So I don’t know why it fails when the lammps library function are called using the callback mechanism.
Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Best
Z. Y. Qiu

There is no in.python file in the python/examples dir …

Steve

There is no in.python file in the python/examples dir ...

but there is one in examples/python, which was given as the reference.
that file works fine for me with the current 30 Nov 2016.

axel.