Question about Kim-api verison for ubuntun 18.04

I just want to know which version is suit for ubuntun 18.04
Thanks very much

Hello,

The latest version (current 2.1.3) is available for Ubuntu 18.04 from the OpenKIM LaunchPad PPA. You can follow the instructions for installing it here:

Thanks for your reply
It’s veryhelpful for me,now i installing it successful, but when i try to use it in python,i met some problems
i use this code
‘‘from ase.calculators.kim.kim import KIM’’
and the there shows ‘AttributeError: module ‘kimpy’ has no attribute ‘collections’’
when i try to install kimpy,
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘pkg-config’: ‘pkg-config’
Exception: “libkim-api” not found. Make sure “kim-api” is installed and do not forget to “source path/to/kim-api-activate”.
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.
But i think i install the libkim-api, because i can use the command “kim-api-collections-management list”, but not have ‘-v2’ if add it, shows’no-command’
I have no idea to deal it excpet reinstall all thing, could you give me some advice?
Thanks so much.

Hello,

I’m afraid it is difficult to know exactly how to help in situations like this since there are so many different ways to install all the various software components you are trying to use. However, I’ll give it my best guess.

In this case you might just need to install the pkg-config package before you install kimpy. Try:

sudo apt-get install pkg-config

and then try to install kimpy again.

Oh, it work now, thank you very much.