Question about power spectra calculation

Dear Lammps users,

I’m writing to ask about my recent simulation with water. Briefly, I used flexible SPC/E potential ( Zhang et al. 2007 ) and start with Ice Ih and then eqilibrate it at T=300K to get the liquid water. At this point, I calculated g® O-O as well as density and it turned out that it is in good agreement with the reported data. Next, I tried to check the power spectra of the water with MD. I simply captured the dipole moment of the structure and used this data in a separate code to take the autocorrelation as well as the fourier transform of it. The final output is attached here where I can capture the first and second peak correctly. However, the third peak (stretching mode ) which should be over 3300 is captured around 2000 which is odd to me. I tried my simulation with different Tdamp, timestep, number of step, ensemble, and different ave/time. However, none of them changed the final output significantly. Also, I searched the previously raised questions in the forum to find similar concerns. But, I had no success.
So, I wonder if you might be able to share any clues or comments. I’m aware that it is quite a specific problem, and I appreciate any comment. You can find my input file bellow.
Thanks,
A.S.

#-------------------------Input command --------------------------------
units real
boundary p p p
atom_style full

read_restart 300K.equil
pair_style lj/cut/coul/long 10.0
pair_coeff 2 2 0.1502629 3.1169 # Oxygen
pair_coeff 1 1 0.00774378 0.98
pair_coeff 1 2 0.0341116368 2.04845
bond_style harmonic
bond_coeff 1 176.864 0.9611
angle_style harmonic
angle_coeff 1 42.1845 109.4712
kspace_style pppm 1.0e-5
neighbor 2.0 bin
neigh_modify delay 0 every 1 check yes
timestep 0.5
fix 2 all nvt temp 300 300 100

fix Binput all ave/time 1 1 2 v_mytime v_dipolex v_dipoley v_dipolez file A.txt mode scalar

run 2000000

POWER SPECTRA.png

it is not really a LAMMPS problem but a question of:

a) what data are you comparing to? is it data from the same water potential? there is quite some variation between water models and them and experimental data.

b) whether your analysis tool is working correctly and used correctly. using the fourier transform of dipole auto correlation functions has some arbitrary choices. in that case you could try something else, e.g. https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/irspecgui/ which uses a direct method to compute the spectral densities. the only arbitrary choice for it is the resolution and thus how noisy/smooth the spectrum will be. it also allows some post-processing with weighting functions to adjust the peak heights.

axel.

Thanks Axel for the clarification. Indeed, I have the spectra of both experiment as well as the " same " potential.
I wasn’t aware of VMD plugin. Thank you ! I will give it a try.
Best
A.S.