Question about tasks_materials_settings.yaml

Hello,

the tasks_materials_settings.yaml file is not installed to site-packages/…, as it is not python and not part of setup.py’s package_data, but it is loaded from task_materials.py relative to its module_dir.

Shouldn’t it be installed for default settings and/or loading it from a custom path be allowed?

Best,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for reporting this!

I believe the package_data neglected to include tasks_materials_settings.yaml. I just pushed a fix and will release it as part of atomate v0.8.4, hopefully by end of day today.

If it is still missing after upgrading to atomate v0.8.4, don’t hesitate to get in touch again and we’ll try again to fix it.

···

On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 9:11:06 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

the tasks_materials_settings.yaml file is not installed to site-packages/…, as it is not python and not part of setup.py’s package_data, but it is loaded from task_materials.py relative to its module_dir.

Shouldn’t it be installed for default settings and/or loading it from a custom path be allowed?

Best,

Miguel

Dear Anubhav,

thanks, that will solve the problem when using the default settings.

But tell me, what’s the recommended way to customize it? Would it be possible for task_materials.py to first try loading a customized tasks_materials_settings.yaml file from a predefined configuration folder?

Miguel

···

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 5:58 AM Anubhav Jain [email protected] wrote:

Hi Miguel,

I believe the package_data neglected to include tasks_materials_settings.yaml. I just pushed a fix and will release it as part of atomate v0.8.4, hopefully by end of day today.

If it is still missing after upgrading to atomate v0.8.4, don’t hesitate to get in touch again and we’ll try again to fix it.

Hello,

Best,

Miguel

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “atomate” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/atomate/RgCCGTGU5ss/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

You can of course edit the file installed in site_packages as a temporary workaround

Longer term, I modified TasksMaterialsBuilder constructor to accept a custom settings_file parameter, see:

You can use this change right away if you are using the Github install of atomate, otherwise please use the site_packages workaround until the v0.8.5 release

···

On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 1:05:22 AM UTC-7, Miguel Costa wrote:

Dear Anubhav,

thanks, that will solve the problem when using the default settings.

But tell me, what’s the recommended way to customize it? Would it be possible for task_materials.py to first try loading a customized tasks_materials_settings.yaml file from a predefined configuration folder?

Miguel

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 5:58 AM Anubhav Jain [email protected] wrote:

Hi Miguel,

Hello,

Best,

Miguel

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “atomate” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/atomate/RgCCGTGU5ss/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.