Repulsive part of lennard jones potential

Hello LAMMPS users,
I am stuck with the repulsive part of lennard jones potential as for my system I want to account only the repulsive part of lennard jones potential.
In the repulsive part of the potential we have only the term: (Cij)/r^12.
Now I have the parameter (Cij) for different pairs of atoms, but which one pair style I would use? I have checked all the LAMMPS documentation, but I didn’t find out any hint. Please help me out with this problem.

You may also check the expression of the potential of my system.

Thanks in advance

You will need to use this Hybrid and look here to all different styles of potentials to combine the types you need for your system.

Why not email the authors and ask how they did it?

There is no ready to use functional form for this in LAMMPS, but you can tabulate it. A little bit of googling reveals that the developers of this potential have used tables and made them available for download with instructions to use them here: CompMaterChem - Downloads

FWIW, I have just submitted a pull request that implements the analytical form of the Pedone (PMMCS) potential, so the parameters can be more easily used and with cutoffs beyond the tables. The tables stop before 8 Angstrom, with the analytic form it is possible to use the 15 Angstrom cutoff mentioned in the 2006 paper.

2 Likes