Run benchmark with OpenMP only

Dear all,
I’m interested in running benchmarks of Lammps on our heterogeneous memory processor (DRAM +NVM ). The setup I would like to use is only with OpenMP (no MPI, no GPU) with gnu.
I installed and built everything with cmake (cmake …, make -j ) and ran a benchmark with lj.in input.
However when monitoring cpu usage I can see that only 1 CPU is used during execution.
I did 2 tests:

1. building lmp without any MPI libs and run with OMP_NUM_THREADS=16 + ./lmp -in in.lj
  2. building lmp with MPI (OpenMPI) libs and run with OMP_NUM_THREADS=16 + mpirun -np 1 lmp -in.lj

Log files show that nb of omp threads was taken into acount but this is not what I observe with htop. (100% on one CPU)
Also the in.lj input is only one I can use. When running the others (chain, chute, rhodo and eam) I get:
ERROR: Unrecognized atom style ‘bond’ is part of the MOLECULE package which is not enabled in this LAMMPS binary (chain example)

Did I miss something in terms of cmake options?
Is it possible to only use OpenMP?
I was going through the doc and this forum but could not find an answer to my question.
Thanks in advance,
Pierre

If you only want OpenMP parallelization, you could just download and use the precompiled packages attached to the GitHub release pages
E.g. for Linux x86_64: https://github.com/lammps/lammps/releases/download/patch_7Feb2024/lammps-linux-x86_64-7Feb2024.tar.gz

The other packages include the LAMMPS GUI, but also the console executable lmp.

That would be the expected behavior.

Have you read this part of the documentation?
https://docs.lammps.org/Speed_omp.html

Bottom line, multi-thread support requires modified compute kernels and those are in the OPENMP package and those require different style names, or more conveniently use a suffix flag setting.

That would be the expected behavior.

I meant 1 cpu among 16. (sorry for the typo)

In the end, one needs to cmake with -D PKG_OPENMP=yes, export OMP_NUM_THREADS=16, run with -sf omp arguments to effectively use the 16 threads.