Segmentation fault in linux container

Hi,

I’m trying to run EMC in the cluster of my university. The GLIBC version is 2.28 so I’m using Apptainer to build a container to run EMC. I’ve tried a few operation systems in the container, incl. Mageia 7 (with GLIBC 2.29) and Ubuntu 20.04 (with higher GLIBC version). When I run emc_linux64, both of them give the same error: Segmentation fault (core dumped). I’m wondering if there is a way to fix this.

Thank you!

UPDATE

I also tried another approach without container. I compiled and built GLIBC 2.36 from source. Then I used LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/my/glibc2.36/build/install/lib/libm.so.6 emc_linux64 build.emc. It also gave Segmentation fault (core dumped).

The 2022 LINUX version has been reported to not work right on some varieties of LINUX. I will upload a new version of EMC compiled with an older GLIBC version. This version will be overloaded on the existing 2022 version. I will also replace both MacOS and Windows versions, both for which EMC Setup will be updated to iron out some of the reported issues.

Thanks!

Hi, the Segmentation fault (core dumped) for linux still exists. I download the newest file from the websit. My OS is Fedora 33 64-bit. Thanks.

same fault of v9.4.4 in openSUSE leap 15.4

Yep, I’m having the same issue.

Can anyone give an example in which this SEGV occurs?

The segmentation fault persists in the current version. I have installed emc on wsl2 using the instructions on this forum (Linux Installation - #2 by veld).

When I run the example in setup/chemistry/bulk, with

bash setup.sh
emc build.emc

I get the segmentation fault error without any additional information.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The same error also occurs in the surface example.

The current version stems from August 1, 2022. I will be uploading new versions this week.

As of now, I have updated EMC v9.4.4 to August 1, 2023. This version should remedy the issues as described above.