Testing Lammps compilation

Dear LAMMPS users.

I compiled LAMMPS alone and with Voronoi package. Both compilations seem to be successful. That is, there were no error messages.

After that, I was testing with benchmark and examples, provided with LAMMPS. My jobs are finishing without any error messages or with “ERROR: Invalid compute style (…/modify.cpp:933)”. As much as I know, this messages only occurs when an invalid style is written (which is not the case, because the examples are from LAMMPS, not mine). Or, maybe, my executable is not recognizing the input information.

Is there a way to receive more detailed error information in LAMMPS? Does anyone have an ideia what is happening?

Pedro Moreira

Associate Professor, UFSCar, Brazil

What examples were you testing? The source distribution of LAMMPS does by default not include any packages, so many examples will failed due to unrecognised fixes.

Dear LAMMPS users.

I compiled LAMMPS alone and with Voronoi package. Both compilations seem to be successful. That is, there were no error messages.

After that, I was testing with benchmark and examples, provided with LAMMPS. My jobs are finishing without any error messages or with “ERROR: Invalid compute style (…/modify.cpp:933)”. As much as I know, this messages only occurs when an invalid style is written (which is not the case, because the examples are from LAMMPS, not mine). Or, maybe, my executable is not recognizing the input information.

Is there a way to receive more detailed error information in LAMMPS? Does anyone have an ideia what is happening?

There is a whole section in the manual on errors. Study that and the documentation of the failing commands.

You should also review the compilation instructions for important additional information.

Axel