The crystallization of amorphous germanium on insulators (GOI) with LAMMPS + Looking for a Phd position for one year

Dear All,

I’m working on the growth of the single crystal germanium (c-Ge) from the amorphous Germanium on insulators using liquid phase epitaxial method.

However, there are two fundamental limitations to grow large area c-Ge films: random crystal nucleation Ge and agglomeration of Ge for large (>3 um) microcrucibles (experimentally).
I want to understand the mechanism that triggers agglomeration of Ge atoms in the GOI systems with larger microcrucible width. Therefore, I analyze the GOI systems coated with different insulators: SiO2, Si3N4, ZnO, Ti2O, La2O3, HfO2 etc. Of course, each insulator requires different force field.

I study GOI system coated with silica as an insulator and I also applied Tersoff potential.
I want to try different insulators such as Si3N4, ZnO, TiO2, La2O3, HfO2 etc. However it requires different force fields (Reaxff, Comb, Modified Born-Mayer-Huggings Potential, etc) which I’m not familiar with them. On the other hand, derivation of the potential parameters for interactions of Ge with the other atoms (i.e, Ge-Zn, Ge-Ti, Ge-La, Ge-N, Ge-Hf etc ) is too difficult.

Reaxff potential seems a good candidate for my research. However I’m not sure, is it proper or not. Would you enligthen me about which is the most proper force field(s) ( two-three-(four) body interactions of Ge with the other elements)?

There is also another issue. I’m looking for a university which I can conduct the mentioned research.

I request you to please have a look and point out any opportunities that you might know of.

Here is my email adress: nadire@…5904…

Also, I would be thankful if you could post this email text to anyone who might be interested.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Nadire Nayir
Phd Student and Research Assistant
Middle East Techinal University
Physics Department
Ankara/Turkey

P.S: I have a financial support from my university and I look for a Phd position for one year research.

|

Dear All,

*I'm working on the growth of the single crystal germanium (c-Ge) from the
amorphous Germanium on insulators using liquid phase epitaxial method.*

However, there are two fundamental limitations to grow large area c-Ge
films: random crystal nucleation Ge and agglomeration of Ge for large (>3
um) microcrucibles (experimentally).
I want to understand the mechanism that triggers agglomeration of Ge atoms
in the GOI systems with larger microcrucible width. Therefore, I analyze
the GOI systems coated with different insulators: SiO2, Si3N4, ZnO, Ti2O,
La2O3, HfO2 etc. Of course, each insulator requires different force field.

A third fundamental limitation is that crystal growth in a slow process in
MD time scale. You can identify some of the key mechanisms that
govern/affect crystal growth, but to observe/characterize/investigate
crystal growth it is better to think outside of MD.

* I study GOI system coated with silica as an insulator and I also applied
Tersoff potential.I want to try different insulators such as Si3N4, ZnO,
TiO2, La2O3, HfO2 etc. However it requires different force fields (Reaxff,
Comb, Modified Born-Mayer-Huggings Potential, etc) which I'm not familiar
with them. On the other hand, derivation of the potential parameters for
interactions of Ge with the other atoms (i.e, Ge-Zn, Ge-Ti, Ge-La, Ge-N,
Ge-Hf etc ) is too difficult.*

Reaxff potential seems a good candidate for my research. However I'm not
sure, is it proper or not. Would you enligthen me about which is the most
proper force field(s) ( two-three-(four) body interactions of Ge with the
other elements)?

I suggest you look through the published Literature and see if there is a
ReaxFF force field parameterization for this purpose.

*There is also another issue. I'm looking for a university which I can
conduct the mentioned research.*

I request you to please have a look and point out any opportunities that
you might know of.

Here is my email adress: *[email protected]... <[email protected]...>*

Also, I would be thankful if you could post this email text to anyone who
might be interested.

Besides posting this to the mailing list, perhaps a more efficiency
approach is to contact faculty members directly. Identify the ones you
would like to work with and approach them with your questions, ideas, etc.

Good luck.

Ray

Dear Ray,

Thank you for your time:)
As you mentioned in your answer, I’ve experienced before that, a slow process in MD scale is a big problem for me. My previous research was about the crystallization of germanium on the amorphous SiO2. It took a long time to complete the crystallization process in my system.

And also actually, I do already contact with some faculty members but I care your advice because with writing down site, I may reach out most of the people who can inform me better. So if there is anyone who give me advice I would be happy.

I would like to repeat it. I’m working on the growth of the single crystal germanium on insulators using LAMMPS. I look for a Phd position for one year research about the derivation of the potential parameters describing the interactions of germanium with the different insulators: ZnO, Ti2O, HfO2, La2O3, ITO etc. And also, I have a financial support from my university.

My contact adress: nadire@…5904…

Thanks and Warm regards,
Nadire Nayir