Thermal conductivity of Si NW

Hi Zeru

I am using our product (MedeA) which is running LAMMPS but doing the analysis outside of LAMMPS. We wrote the initial version of the correlation code that ended up in LAMMPS, but as it was incorporated in LAMMPS it was changed substantially and has somewhat different functionality than what we are using, though I do not think that should make a difference. I am also using a different forcefield (pcff+) than you (Tersoff), but that should again not make a huge difference. When you say “very small” what do you mean? Perhaps you have a problem with you unit conversions. Have you tried running something very simple, say argon and seeing if you get reasonable results? You can get experimental results at NIST (http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/fluid/)and would want a dense fluid, so run at say 100 K and 50 MPa.

Paul

psaxe@…1795…

Phone: +1.760.495.4924 x 102
Cell: +1.505.603.8182

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521. This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this email from your computer. The sender does not waive any privilege in the event this message was inadvertently disseminated.

MedeA® and Materials Design® are registered trademarks of Materials Design, Inc.