Visualizing von Mises stress during nanoindentation simulations

I’m interested in analyzing and visualizing von Mises stress during nanoindentation simulations. I’ve implemented the following lines in my LAMMPS script but I’m struggling to visualize the von Mises stress near the indentation zone. Are there any additional commands or methods that could enhance stress visualization?

variable p1 equal “-pxx/10000”
variable p2 equal “-pyy/10000”
variable p3 equal “-pzz/10000”
variable p4 equal “-pxy/10000”
variable p5 equal “-pyz/10000”
variable p6 equal “-pxz/10000”

variable vonM_s equal sqrt(((v_p1-v_p2)^2+(v_p2-v_p3)^2+(v_p3-v_p1)^2+6*(v_p4^2+v_p5^2+v_p6^2))/2)
variable von atom sqrt(((c_stress[1]-c_stress[2])^2+(c_stress[2]-c_stress[3])^2+(c_stress[3]-c_stress[1])^2+6*(c_stress[4]^2+c_stress[5]^2+c_stress[6]^2))/2)

dump 1 all custom 500 dump.indent_loading.*.custom id type v_von

What do you mean by that?

As mentioned in the guidelines for this forum, any meaningful advice is dependent on providing sufficient context and a specific description of the problem that you are facing. Any statement of the kind “I am struggling with” or “it doesn’t work” is missing exactly that. Please be aware that people here are not able to read your mind and thus cannot know what may be obvious to you. So, the more specific you explain what is bothering you, the better the chance to get helpful advice.

As a rule of thumb, if you do not get an on-topic response within 12 hours during weekdays, your post probably is missing information and needs to be improved. Also, if people have to give you advice about how to improve your post (like this one tries to do), you can expect that that will not happen more than a couple of times and that after than you will likely be ignored until you make a better effort. It is human nature to not have a desire to interact with people that ignore advice and suggestions being given.