Voro++ installation

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install voronoi package following the instructions existing in README file from Voro++ - A 3D Voronoi cell software library. However, I encountered the following compilation error when i run % make in the folder. (cygwin)

$ make
make -C src
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/cygdrive/c/Users/user/Downloads/voro+±0.4.6/src’
g++ -Wall -ansi -pedantic -O3 -c cell.cc
make[1]: g++: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [Makefile:31: cell.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/cygdrive/c/Users/user/Downloads/voro+±0.4.6/src’
make: *** [Makefile:14: all] Error 2

Hope anyone could provide some guidance. Thanks in advance.

The error message means, that the GNU C++ compiler cannot be found. This either means that you did not install it or that your PATH environment variable is not correctly set up for your cygwin installation.

Noted. Thank you very much!

Hi there,

Did you resolve this problem already? If yes, how did you do that?

I am currently experiencing similar difficulties.

Thanks

If you want proper help, you need to be more specific.

Alright then. I am trying to install zeo++ on my windows, and I have to do that using cygwin. However, entering ‘make’ command following the installation steps from Zeo++ - High throughput analysis of crystalline porous materials returns this output.

g++ -Wall -ansi -pedantic -O3 -c cell.cc
make: g++: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:31: cell.o] Error 127

I will appreciate any insights on how to resolve this problem so I can progress with the installation.
Many thanks in advance.

This is the wrong place to ask. This is a forum for a different software.

Anyway, the error message is pretty self-explanatory. You either have not installed the g++ compiler or it is not configured correctly. Without a working compiler you cannot compile software.

I only posted it here only because the compilation errors are quite similar but I know better now. Thanks for your response. I have been able to resolve the problem. Cheers!