“Info: force field type = “opls”
Info: force field name = “opls/2012/opls-ua”
Info: force field location = “/field”
Info: build for LAMMPS script in “…/build”
Warning: field ‘pcff_iff_nuwan’ not found;
Info: adding pressure sampling
Info: creating EMC build script “build.emc”
Info: assuming mass fractions”

and because of my field is not founded, I need to change my field manually in my build.emc to finally execute my build.emc file to get params and data file to use on lammps.

Is it possible a way to define my field path when my running my esh file using: perl emc_setup.pl pu_spherulitic.esh to use pcff field ?

I’m attaching my esh file.
pu_spheruliticNEW.esh (640 Bytes)

My goal is use this two fields :

pcff_templates.dat (34.7 KB)
pcff.frc (332.4 KB)

Hi Cássia,

To get straight to the point: you are missing the path to your field. For some reason, fields are not at the location, that EMC Setup is expecting them. EMC Setup uses two ways:

1. It tries to use the environment variable EMC_ROOT, which should be set to where your EMC distribution is residing. In my case this is $HOME/emc/v9.4.4
  2. If the former fails, it uses the location of emc_setup.pl – which normally would be $EMC_ROOT/scripts – from which the field directory should be at $EMC_ROOT/scripts/../field

The line stating where fields are located, i.e.

Info: force field location = “/field”

tells me, that neither of the two above assumptions are satisfied. You can also provide a search path, if you have moved the field directory, by

ITEM	OPTIONS

field_location	your/field/location
field			pcff_iff_nuwan
field_increment warn

ITEM	END

Note that setting of field_location has to precede field. EMC Setup descends into provided field directories to search for the name as given by field.

As an aside – since I see you are thinking of using IFF – you can also rack-and-stack force fields. In this case, you can indicate what specific force to apply in the definition of your groups with keyword field or f, e.g.

ITEM	OPTIONS

field		pcff, iff

ITEM	END

ITEM	GROUPS

name1:f=iff	[your][group]
name2		CCO

ITEM	END

Typically, you would apply IFF to an imported crystal structure though, e.g.

ITEM	CLUSTERS

structure	import, name="crystal.car", field=iff, etc.

ITEM	END

Even though I put the field that I wan to use, it’s always is getting opls-ua, so I took a look at emc_setup.pl and it’s is there:

“%::EMC::Field = (
dpd => {auto => 0, bond => 0},
flag => 0,
“format” => “15.10e", id => "opls-ua", name => scrub_dir("opls/2012/opls-ua"), type => "opls", location => scrub_dir("$::EMC::Root/field/"), write => 1 ); ::EMC::FieldFlag = (
angle => 0,
bond => 0,
charge => 1,
check => 1,
debug => “false”,
error => 1,
group => 0,
improper => 0,
increment => 0,
nbonded => 0,
torsion => 0
);
::EMC::FieldFlags = ( complete => 1, empty => 1, error => 1, false => 1, first => 1, ignore => 1, reduced => 1, true => 1, "warn" => 1 ); ::EMC::FieldList = (
id => {},
name => [],
location => [scrub_dir(”$::EMC::Root/field/”)]"

But I included the field location in my script and now it works! thank you!