Problems Signing In

We had an issue with our email server, which should be resolved. Please try now and let us know if you’re still having difficulties.

I meet the same probelm,do you have other way to login to material project webpage?

Hello @huangyujia, I see from our email logs that a login link was successfully delivered to the email address you use for this forum. I hope you were able to find this successfully. Perhaps check your spam folder.

Best,
Donny
MP team

Hi. When I attempt to sign in with an email address, I either do not receive an email at all or I receive an email with a link that lands me on a page that says

Please enter the login code that was sent to you.
Login code:

Login code is invalid. It might have expired.

I have been experiencing this problem for more than a month. Please help.

Thanks.

Hmm, sorry you’re having this issue. I can confirm that our backend is somehow generating a faulty code for your particular email address (which I obtained from your forum user registration). I’ll look into it and get back to you – it is of course a valid email address.

Best,
Donny
MP team

Hi,
I’m having issue on logging in.
Received the login link in my email and when i followed the instruction to click on the link,

Please enter the login code that was sent to you.

Login code:

• Login code is invalid. It might have expired.

Please advise. I need this to be resolved urgently as i have project to submit.

1 Like

Please advise. I need this to be resolved urgently as i have project to submit.

@anmei, @fauzi1986 was your issue resolved? If you can’t login, can you share more details, eg screenshot?

Hello!
I have searched in the comments and have found out that someone has already encountered the same problem as I did.
Here is the message I get while trying to log in.

"Please enter the login code that was sent to you.

Login code:

• Login code is invalid. It might have expired".

Could you please help me to overcome this issue please?
Thank you!

Hello,
I tried logging in using my college id. I get the link to log in but on clicking on this link, I always get:

• Login code is invalid. It might have expired.

Thanks.

Hi @ElenaD, @DreamingGirl, could you try logging in with one of the other login providers, e.g. Google or Github?

Thank you. It is working with my Google account!

1 Like

Is there a known login error with github currently?

I experience a login error as well.

Hello! I have a problem login with the email account. It says that “Login code is invalid. It might have expired”.

I have also been unable to log in with GitHub for over a week (“HTTP Error 500: materialsproject.org is currently unable to handle this request”)

1 Like

I think the problem with login in is that the Materials Project website is using too many viewer features which causes the website to hang for a long time to try to load in all those features. Can the website developer use a somewhat simple front page for some countries with slow internet speeds?

I’m having a problem using GitHub, it redirects me to a page prefixed with “legacy” and gives the following error message:

This page isn’t working
legacy.materialsproject.org is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
1 Like

I also have the same problem logging in with Github or Google. I’ve tried two different machines, two different browsers:

Mozila Firefox: I click on the “Sign in with Github” or “Sign in with Google” and it re-directs me to a blank page with the address starting https://legacy.materialsproject.org/social/complete/github/?... And then nothing happens, just a blank page…

Google Chrome: I click on the “Sign in with Github” and it asks for my username/password. I enter this and it redirects me to same address https://legacy.materialsproject.org/social/complete/github/?.. and gives the same error message reported by stur86 above.

1 Like

Hi @lucydot,

You should now be able to login via Google, we had issues this week with the Google login. The Github login is known to be broken presently.

We are very close to switching over to our new website which uses a different login protocol, you can visit our new website directly via next-gen.materialsproject.org, which may be a better experience than our current/legacy website.

Best,

Matt