Problems Signing In

Also my apologies to those we haven’t responded to previously, @hud, @ulipoto, @Faith, @yang15, @stur86.

Regarding your comment @yang15:

Can the website developer use a somewhat simple front page for some countries with slow internet speeds?

We’re aware our current/legacy website is slow in some parts of the world, and this is partly what is motivating our new website design. However, even our new website will be difficult on very slow connection speeds. We’re a very small team here so we would like to do better with regards to website performance but it will take some time.

If you are familiar with using our API, this would be the best method for retrieving data with unreliable internet, but it is more difficult to learn and requires experience with the Python programming language.

Best,

Matt

We also identified an issue where login problems with Google were affecting people who tried logging in via www.materialsproject.org rather than materialsproject.org, we have since resolved this.

I cannot login with github to materials project main page for months.
At same time I do can login at matsci.org
Please do something, I cannot use googlein my country

Hm, I am unable to login to materials project with github. Is this expected?

Hi @Youjin1985, @hud,

If you’re having trouble logging in, please try logging in on our new website instead: next-gen.materialsproject.org

This new website will be the default for all users later in the year.

Best,

Matt

Hi, I tried using the email option but the login link is always expired even if I am fast to click on it

Hi @Afnan, can you tell us if your issue is when logging in to next-gen.materialsproject.org, or to the current/old website (materialsproject.org / legacy.materialsproject.org)? Tagging @tschaume for visibility.

Hi @mkhorton, it is with the website materialsproject.org.
Are they the same ‘’ materialsproject.org’’. and ''next-gen.materialsproject.org ‘’ ?

@Afnan:

legacy.materialsproject.org is always the old website
next-gen.materialsproject.org is always the new website

materialsproject.org will redirect to legacy.materialsproject.org for most users, but we are slowly switching the redirect to next-gen.materialsproject.org instead, so if you are on certain campuses you will now see the new website.

We have more information in our release announcement post: Announcing a new Materials Project | by Matthew Horton | Materials Project | Medium

1 Like

Ok, thank you !